ad-fullscreen

Blaze at Henderson home causes $100,000 in damage

A family of three is safe but displaced after its Henderson home caught fire Saturday morning.

One of the family’s three dogs did not survive. Firefighters were able to rescue other pets, including turtles and a bird, Henderson Fire Battalion Chief Tim Hartman said.

Damage is estimated at $100,000 after the accidental blaze, likely the result of electrical failure, started in the garage, according to fire officials. The fire spread to a second-story bedroom in the home on Shamrock Drive, at the intersection of Greenway Road and Horizon Drive.

The two adults and one teenager were outside of the house when fire crews arrived just after 11 a.m.

Contact Jessica Fryman at jfryman@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0264.

section-ads_high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
ad-315×600
News Headlines
pos-2 — ads_infeed_1
post-4 — ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like