A man who was shot Sunday night made a bomb threat, which resulted in the evacuation of several apartments in south Las Vegas, police said.
Police responded to a call at 10:42 p.m. at 9457 Las Vegas Blvd. South near Serene Avenue where they found a man with a gunshot wound. The man had been shot once in his upper torso, Metro’s Lt. David Gordon said Monday morning.
The man was taken to a hospital and was in stable condition with nonlife-threatening injuries, Gordon said.
According to police, at some point during the incident, the victim made comments about blowing up the place and pulling the pin. After officers located a suspicious metal object, ARMOR responded and determined that the object was not an explosive device, Gordon said. Fifteen to 20 residents of seven nearby apartments were evacuated during the incident.
Police said the shooting suspect is on the run. He is described as a black male in his 30s, with a thin build, facial hair and dreadlocks, Gordon said. He was wearing dark jeans and a black, puffy jacket.
This is an developing story. Check back for updates.
Contact Christian Bertolaccini at email@example.com and 702-383-0381. Find him on Twitter: @bertolaccinic