Chicken coop heating lamps may have started Las Vegas fire

Updated March 12, 2018 - 10:41 am

Fire investigators believe heating lamps in a chicken coop started a fire Monday morning at a central valley home.

Firefighters responded just before 6 a.m. after receiving multiple 911 calls reporting a fire at 6228 Fairwood Ave., near Jones Boulevard and U.S. Highway 95.

Las Vegas Fire Department spokesman Tim Szymanski said no one was inside the house when the rear wall caught fire. The chicken coop is next to the house.

Crews kept the fire from spreading to the attic of the home, Szymanski said, and the blaze was under control within about 10 minutes.

The Fire Department estimated the blaze caused $20,000 in damages.

Contact Max Michor at 702-383-0365 or @MaxMichor on Twitter.

News Headlines
Home Front Page Footer Listing
You May Like

You May Like