ad-fullscreen

Coroner identifies woman who died in apartment fire

The fire that killed a 66-year-old woman on Friday was ruled accidental, according to the Las Vegas Fire and Rescue.

The Clark County Coroner’s office has identified the woman as Carol Sue Klasell.

Firefighters responded to a call about 9 p.m. at the Sunrise Gardens Apartments near Valley View Boulevard and Sahara Avenue.

Firefighters found Klasell unresponsive on the second story of the apartment complex. She was taken to University Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead.

Klasell died from carbon monoxide poisoning and smoke inhalation and thermal injuries, according to the coroner’s office.

Las Vegas fire spokesman Tim Szymanski said careless smoking could not be ruled out as a possible cause for the fire. Damage was estimated at $200,000.

One other person was taken to the hospital for minor smoke inhalation.

It is the fifth fire fatality in Las Vegas this year.

Contact reporter Colton Lochhead at clochhead@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0264.

section-ads_high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
News Headlines
pos-2 — ads_infeed_1
post-4 — ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like