Fire damages Las Vegas home as woman was moving in

A house fire near Torrey Pines Drive and Washington Avenue caused $100,000 in damage Thursday morning, according to the Las Vegas Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to the fire at 400 N. Torrey Pines Drive at 7:40 a.m. after neighbors reported smoke coming from the home.

A woman was in the process of moving into the house when the fire began in the stove, according to Fire Department spokesman Tim Szymanski.

The fire gutted the kitchen and caused significant damage to the attic.

Nobody was hurt in the fire.

Contact reporter Steven Slivka at SSlivka@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0264.

ad-high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
News Headlines
ad-infeed_1
ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Events
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like