ad-fullscreen

Fire in condo kitchen shuts down traffic on the Strip

A kitchen fire in a high-rise condominium building Wednesday evening forced Clark County firefighters to shut down southbound lanes on the Strip.

Firefighters responded around
5 p.m. to the Sky Las Vegas high-rise at 2700 Las Vegas Blvd. South, near West Sahara Avenue. One lane was reopened to traffic about 6 p.m., officials said, and all southbound lanes reopened by 7 p.m.

No one was home at the time of the fire, which prompted a temporary evacuation on the 32nd and 33rd floors. Sprinklers in the unit helped contain the fire, which firefighters were able to put out about 10 minutes later. No injuries were reported.

The fire was caused by an unattended stove, and damage was estimated at $140,000, a county fire official said.

section-ads_high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
News Headlines
pos-2 — ads_infeed_1
post-4 — ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like