ad-fullscreen

Fire injures four, destroys home in northwest Las Vegas

Four people were hurt, and a home was destroyed, after a Tuesday morning fire in the northwest valley.

The fire happened just after midnight at 6624 Crosstimber Court, near Rainbow Boulevard and Gowan Road.

Las Vegas Fire Department spokesman Tim Szymanski said six people were home when the fire started: three adults, one teen and two children.

Szymanski said the fire probably was caused by a cigarette discarded in the garage.

Three people were treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation. An elderly woman who slipped while fleeing the home was taken to a hospital for a possible broken leg, he said.

The fire caused about $100,000 in damage and destroyed most of the family’s belongings.

The American Red Cross is helping the family.

section-ads_high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
ad-315×600
News Headlines
pos-2 — ads_infeed_1
post-4 — ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Events
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like