weather icon Clear

Fire that left one dead ruled accidental

The house fire that killed a man late Wednesday night at 632 N. 9th Street has been ruled an accident, according to Las Vegas Fire and Rescue.

Fire investigators believe the blaze started in the kitchen and jumped quickly to the nearby bedroom, where the victim was staying.

An autopsy showed that the man died from fire-related causes, mainly smoke and carbon monoxide inhalation. It was the third fire-related fatality this year, according to Las Vegas Fire and Rescue.

Damage was estimated at $75,000 according to officials. Two other adults and two children were displaced.

The identity of the deceased victim will be released by the coroner’s office.

Contact reporter Colton Lochhead at clochhead@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0264.

Don't miss the big stories. Like us on Facebook.
AEG sees no problem filling 46 events at Las Vegas stadium

With a lot of interest being shown by representatives tied to sports, entertainment and corporate events, AEG Facilities Regional Vice President Chris Wright said they’ll have no issue filing the stadium for 46 events annually.

Kamala Harris’ campaign opens Nevada HQ in Las Vegas

Two senior officials with Sen. Kamala Harris’ presidential campaign discussed the importance of Nevada as a diverse early state and shared some insights on the candidate’s preparations for the second national debate.