73°F
weather icon Partly Cloudy

Henderson fire leaves two adults and two pets displaced

A Wednesday morning house fire in Henderson displaced two adults and two cats, the Henderson Fire Department said.

Firefighters responded to a the fire about 9:30 a.m., on Twin Springs Court, near West Sunset Road and Whitney Ranch Drive, the Fire Department said in a statement.

Firefighters entered the home through the garage, found the fire’s and extinguished the fire in less than 10 minutes, the department said. No firefighters were injured. Residents were home and alerted by smoke detectors.

The American Red Cross is helping the displaced people. One of them, a woman, suffered minor smoke inhalation and was taken to St. Rose Dominican Hospital-Siena Campus.

A malfunctioning exhaust fan in a bathroom caused the fire, the department said. Damages are estimated at $30,000.

Contact Raven Jackson at rjackson@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0381. Follow @ravenmjackson on Twitter.

Don't miss the big stories. Like us on Facebook.
THE LATEST