ad-fullscreen

House fire sends man to hospital; dog dies

A dog is dead and a man was taken to the hospital after a house fire Monday morning, according to Las Vegas Fire Department.

Firefighters were called to the wooden, single-story house, at 1708 Pacific St., near the intersection of Oakey Boulevard and Eastern Street, about 11:30 a.m when a caller said someone might be trapped inside. The fire produced heavy flames and smoke, and was extinguished about 12:20 p.m.

A father and son were home at the time of the fire, according to the fire department’s Twitter account. The son told firefighters that he carried his 90-year-old father, who has a medical condition, out of the house when he saw the laundry was engulfed in flames.

The father was treated for smoke inhalation and was taken to University Medical Center, where he was released later the day.

The other person who was in the home during the fire escaped unharmed.

Firefighters said the fire started inside the laundry room, under the carport, but could not determine the exact cause. It was ruled accidental.

The fire displaced three people. Cost of damages is estimated at $75,000.

The home next door had minor roof damage from the fire.

Review-Journal photographer Bizu Tesfaye and reporter Cassandra Taloma contributed to this report.

Contact Kimberly De La Cruz at kdelacruz@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0381. Find her on Twitter: @KimberlyinLV.

section-ads_high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
ad-315×600
News Headlines
pos-2 — ads_infeed_1
post-4 — ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Events
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like