ad-fullscreen
section-ads_high_impact_1

Man hospitalized after kitchen fire at Henderson townhouse

A man was taken to the hospital Tuesday morning after a kitchen fire broke out in a Henderson townhouse.

At about 12:20 a.m., a Henderson Fire Department crew responded and saw smoke and fire on the first floor of a two-story townhouse on East Van Wagenen Street, near Lake Mead Parkway and Boulder Highway.

A man had fallen asleep while cooking food, but he managed to run over to a neighbor’s house, spokeswoman Kathleen Richards said.

He was sent to University Medical Center after suffering from smoke inhalation, but his injuries were not considered life-threatening, the report said. No other residents or neighbors were injured.

Officials determined the fire was accidental and estimated total damages at about $8,000.

Contact Melissa Gomez at mgomez@reviewjournal.com or at 702-383-0278. Follow @melissagomez004 on Twitter.

 

section-ads_high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
News Headlines
pos-2 — ads_infeed_1
post-4 — ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
high_impact_5
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like