A man who died days after he was injured in an apartment fire late last month has been identified by the Clark County coroner’s office.
Las Vegas resident Mario Tarin, 72, died two days after he was found unresponsive on the kitchen floor of his central valley apartment on Dec. 29.
Emergency responders cut through a steel-bar security door to enter the apartment at 3833 Tara Ave., near Valley View Boulevard and Sahara Avenue, fire officials said. The fire was contained to one unit and was extinguished in less than five minutes. Investigators said the fire started on the stove.
No one else was injured in the blaze, officials said.