48°F
weather icon Mostly Cloudy
app-logo
RJ App
Vegas News, Alerts, ePaper

Officials think smoke shop fire caused by burglars with torches

Police and Clark County firefighters are investigating a fire that was apparently sparked by burglars using a torch to cut through a metal security door at a southeast Las Vegas smoke shop.

A county spokeswoman says the owners of KS Smoke Shop found smoke in the store when they arrived to check a burglary alarm.

They summoned firefighters to the business at Sunset and Sandhill roads a little after 2 a.m. Friday.

Firefighters quickly doused the fire, and there were no injuries.

Damage is estimated at $5,000.

Don't miss the big stories. Like us on Facebook.
THE LATEST