The Las Vegas Review-Journal was without phone service for about five hours Thursday because of a network phone outage.
CenturyLink land lines at the newspaper were out of service beginning about 10 a.m. Thursday. Incoming and outgoing calls at the newspaper could not be placed until just before 3:30 p.m., when phone service was restored.
The network failure was limited to the Review-Journal, CenturyLink spokesman Jason Chan said.
The cause of the phone outage wasn’t clear, Chan said, but two servicemen and a supervisor were still on-site at 5 p.m., working to diagnose the problem.
Earlier in the day, the Review-Journal reported the outage was with AT&T.
Contact Kimber Laux at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-383-0381. Find her on Twitter: @lauxkimber.