A 7-year-old boy will be released to his parents Friday after ingesting methamphetamine.
Las Vegas police are investigating after the child was taken by his parents to Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center about 3 a.m., according to Metropolitan Police Lt. Peter Kisfalvi.
Child Protective Services called the police to alert them, Metropolitan Police Department spokesman Aden OcampoGomez said.
Although initial reports indicated the boy was hospitalized in serious condition, OcampoGomez said he was never admitted and was determined to be OK.
“The child was under observation only,” he said.
OcampoGomez said Metro is interviewing the child’s parents to figure out how he ingested the drug. Child Protective Services is also assisting in the investigation. As of Friday afternoon, no arrests have been made.