Part of the Wynn Las Vegas was evacuated this morning when a small fire broke out in a mechanical room. An employee was treated for smoke inhalation.
A grease duct connected to the ventilation system at Stratta restaurant caught on fire, Clark County spokeswoman Stacey Welling said.
County Fire Chief Bertral Washington credited fire crews’ fast actions and the hotel’s well-designed mechanical system for containing the blaze.
After crews cleaned the ventilation system, the restaurant remained open for the day.
Contact Jessica Fryman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-383-0264.