ad-fullscreen
section-ads_high_impact_1

Trash can fire at Cosmopolitan damages rooms

Crews from the Clark County Fire Department responded to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Friday afternoon after multiple rooms were reportedly burning on the 18th floor.

More than 50 first responders, a full high-rise response, were dispatched to the Strip resort just after 1 p.m., but the actual incident was a small fire in a trash can inside a room that was caused by a discarded cigarette.

There were no injuries, according to the fire department, but the smoke caused about $10,000 in damage.

Clark County firefighters responded to another fire in an apartment complex caused by discarded smoking materials just an hour earlier on Friday.

Contact Wesley Juhl at wjuhl@reviewjournal.com and 702-383-0381. Find him on Twitter: @WesJuhl.

section-ads_high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
pos-2 — ads_infeed_1
post-4 — ads_infeed_2
high_impact_5
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like