Wal-Mart in south Las Vegas closed after grease fire in McDonald’s outlet

A McDonald’s restaurant inside a Wal-Mart in the south valley is closed indefinitely after a Saturday morning grease fire.

Clark County firefighters responded to reports of a grease fire on a McDonald’s grill at 2310 E. Serene Ave., near Eastern Avenue, about 10 a.m. Saturday. The fire system inside the McDonald’s wasn’t able to extinguish the fire, but firefighters put it out with a dry chemical extinguisher, the county Fire Department said.

The Wal-Mart was evacuated after the fire and reopened about 3 p.m., a store manager said.

The fire did not extend to other areas of the restaurant and no other damage was noted, the Fire Department said.

Contact Max Michor at mmichor@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0381. Follow @MaxMichor on Twitter.

ad-high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
ad-infeed_1x2_1
News Headlines
ad-infeed_1
ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Events
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like