Woman dies in Henderson apartment fire

A woman died early Saturday morning in a fire at her Henderson apartment. The Henderson Fire Department responded to the blaze at Galleria Palms Apartments near Stephanie Street and Sunset Road about 1:45 a.m. Saturday to find a couch on fire and the woman unconscious, a department statement said.

Crews removed the woman from the first-floor apartment to treat her, but she was declared dead at the scene.

The accidental fire was caused by careless smoking, according to the fire department. The damage was contained to the single unit and assessed at $10,000.

ad-high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
ad-infeed_1x2_1
News Headlines
ad-infeed_1
ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Events
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like