A woman who died Saturday morning after a fire at her Henderson apartment was identified Tuesday.
Valerie Kuhlman, 69, died about 1:45 a.m. after the couch in her apartment near Stephanie Street and Sunset Road caught fire.
Henderson Fire Department officials attributed the fire to careless smoking.
Crews removed Kuhlman from the first-floor apartment to treat her, but she was declared dead at the scene.
The damage was contained to the single unit and assessed at $10,000.
Contact reporter Mike Blasky at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-383-0283.