Nobody was hurt and six people were displaced after a house fire north of downtown Wednesday morning.
Las Vegas Fire Department crews saw light smoke coming from the attic at 1215 Palm Terrace near Vegas and North Rancho drives before 3:45 a.m.
Public information officer Tim Szymanski said crews initially couldn’t see flames before determining some electrical wiring in the attic shorted out. He didn’t have a damage estimate on the house as of 5:15 a.m.
The American Red Cross of Southern Nevada responded to assist the six adults, Szymanski said.
Contact Mike Shoro at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow @mike_shoro on Twitter.