Losing weight isn’t something that happens overnight – it requires hard work and discipline. However, you may find that time, or lack thereof, can be one of your biggest obstacles to losing weight.
It can be difficult to fit a good workout or healthy cooking into any busy schedule. But while you’re never going to have more hours in a day, there are some shortcuts you can take on your way to a healthier lifestyle. Here are five time-saving tips to help you stay on the right track toward losing weight.
* Make exercise a part of your commute. If you live within reasonable walking or biking distance of your office, ditch the car in favor of a regular morning and afternoon workout. It might take a little longer than commuting by car, but it could ultimately save you time because you won’t have to fit in a trip to the gym. It also offers a structured way to guarantee your daily workout.
* Exercise during your breaks and lunch hour. Again, if you’re having trouble finding time to exercise at home, heading out for a run or walk during your breaks can be a good solution to getting in your necessary workout. Midday workouts can also be a great stress reliever.
* No time to cook? No problem. Make raw fruits and veggies a bigger part of your regular diet. Find stores or farmers markets that carry the freshest stuff and keep these healthy and delicious snacks handy at work and at home. If you forget your lunch, resist the temptation to head to the nearest fast food joint and instead hit the local grocery store’s salad bar or produce aisle – it will take just as long and your body will thank you later.
* Cook in large batches. When you do have time to cook a healthy meal, make more than you need and immediately freeze or refrigerate leftovers in to-go containers so you can microwave them for a healthy meal either at work or during a busy evening at home.
* Multitask during your workouts. If you can’t miss your favorite TV show, watch it while you’re on the treadmill. Or grab the digital version of that book you’ve been dying to read and put it on your iPod so you can listen to it during a long walk or run.
For some, turning to a weight-loss supplement as a more efficient means to losing weight might be an option. If you decide this option is for you, it’s important to do your research. Review sites like www.weightlosspills.net to learn more about popular products. Your doctor can also help you decide if weight-loss supplements are right for you.