A house fire Thursday afternoon in the northwest part of the valley left four people homeless.
Firefighters responded to the house in the 8100 block of Yucca Springs Drive near Craig Road and Buffalo Drive about 1:20 p.m. and saw heavy flames and smoke coming from inside the single-story home.
The fire was confined to two bedrooms, the hallway and some of the attic, according to Las Vegas Fire. The blaze was extinguished in 15 minutes.
The residents of the house told firefighters they used a space heater in one of the bedrooms and investigators believe the heater could have started the fire since it was kept too close to one of the beds.
There were no reported injuries. Damage was estimated at $175,000.
Contact reporter Steven Slivka at email@example.com. Follow @StevenSlivka on Twitter.