3-year-old boy dies after ingesting cleaner
A 3-year-old boy died Monday night after ingesting commercial grout cleaner at his home, according to North Las Vegas police.
The Clark County coroner’s office identified the boy as Joseph Duhaylungsod.
He was taken to Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center about 6 p.m. and later died. The death was ruled accidental by the coroner’s office but police are still investigating the case, Sgt. Tim Bedwell said.
LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR’S CASE
AG says no basis for Krolicki’s claim
Nevada’s attorney general said Tuesday there’s no basis for a claim by Lt. Gov. Brian Krolicki that she should be disqualified from prosecuting him on charges that he mishandled a state college savings program.
“We have primary jurisdiction under state law to represent the executive department of government and the agencies, and in the event there is a prosecution that needs to happen, that’s built in,” Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto’s spokeswoman Edie Cartwright said.
DRUG TREATMENT ORDERED
Ex-Simpson defendant avoids going to prison
Former O.J. Simpson co-defendant Charles Cashmore caught a break Tuesday when District Judge Jackie Glass ordered him to attend an inpatient drug treatment program instead of sending him to prison.
Cashmore, 41, was arrested on New Year’s Eve after testing positive for methamphetamine, a violation of probation Glass gave him in the Simpson case of armed robbery and kidnapping.
He was the first of four Simpson accomplices to take a plea deal in the case.