Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt wants to know if the county prosecutors are planning to investigate Henderson Constable Earl Mitchell after a Las Vegas Review-Journal investigation revealed questionable use of county funds.
Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority executives, directors and contractors responded to a Review-Journal investigation last year by downplaying questions about agency spending and the independence of its board and planning aggressive damage control, emails show.
The flawed installation of fences intended to protect the Mojave Desert Tortoise from highway traffic cost taxpayers more than $700,000 to correct, and faulty culvert drainage killed one of the protected animals, a Las Vegas Review-Journal investigation found.
Law enforcement authorities should look into Henderson Constable Earl Mitchell’s questionable spending of county funds revealed in a Las Vegas Review-Journal investigation, local attorneys said Thursday.
Henderson Township Constable Earl Mitchell wrote himself more than $70,000 in checks over the past two years from an account containing county funds for his deputies’ wages, a Review-Journal investigation has found. On Wednesday, Mitchell dropped his bid for re-election to a seventh term.
Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson was not obligated under Nevada law to publicly disclose the 2014 theft of nearly $42,000 in campaign funds, the secretary of state’s office said.
A day after a Review-Journal story revealed that District Attorney Steve Wolfson did not press charges in a nearly $42,000 theft from his campaign, longtime defense lawyer Robert Langford filed papers to run against him.
A longtime aide to District Attorney Steve Wolfson stole nearly $42,000 from his campaign four years ago to cover a gambling habit, but was allowed to pay back the money and avoid being charged, a Las Vegas Review-Journal investigation has found.
Autopsy records obtained by the Review-Journal Friday shed no new light on what might have contributed to Stephen Paddock’s motives for committing the Oct. 1 Las Vegas Strip massacre.
Billionaire casino developer Steve Wynn faced allegations of pressuring a waitress into sex about 30 years ago, allegedly telling his employee he had “never had a grandmother before” and wanted “to see how it feels,” according to a court document and interviews with the Las Vegas Review-Journal.