A private jet flying from Las Vegas crashed Sunday in northern Mexico killing all 13 people on board, authorities said.
The discovery of the crashed aircraft was reported Monday by the Coahuila state government’s Facebook account.
The post said the discovery of the crash site was made via an air search.
“No survivors were observed” from the air, the statement said.
Three crew members and 10 passengers are presumed dead.
As of late afternoon, there had been no update, as the post suggested that the crash occurred in a mountainous area of the region that made it difficult to access.
El último contacto con el avión desaparecido que viajaba de Las Vegas a Monterrey fue cuando sobrevolaba entre la sierra de Hércules y el ejido La Rosita. https://t.co/45c2PWBbFN
— Univision Noticias (@UniNoticias) May 6, 2019
Personnel from the public safety department and the prosecutor’s office were enroute to the crash site.
The cause of the crash will be provided after the investigation is complete, the post said.
The plane’s tail number, N601VH, is registered to the Utah-based TVPX, listed as an insurance, customs and trust company.
A representative of TVPX confirmed to the Review-Journal that the company was aware of the crash, but said no one was immediately available to comment further.
The Canadair Challenger 600 plane departed McCarran International Airport at 2:52 p.m. Sunday and was scheduled to land at Monterrey International Airport at 5:16 p.m. local time, according to flight tracking website Flight Aware.
The flight arrived in Las Vegas from Monterrey Friday evening, according to Flight Aware records.
The Associated Press cited Mexican media reports that the plane’s occupants were in Las Vegas to attend Saturday’s Saul “Canelo” Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs boxing match at T-Mobile Arena.
Oscar De La Hoya, chairman and CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, the company that helped put on the fight, released a statement offering condolences.
“We are deeply saddened to learn about the tragic loss of 13 lives who were on their way home after the Canelo vs. Jacobs event,” De La Hoya said in the statement.
“Our fans are what make what we do meaningful, and we are grateful to have had them in our corner. On behalf of the entire Golden Boy team, we send our heartfelt prayers and deepest condolences to the family, friends and loved ones of those who have passed.”