Police have arrested another suspect in Copenhagen attacks

Police in Denmark said Friday they have arrested another suspect in connection with shootings earlier this month in Copenhagen in which two people died.

A spokesman for Copenhagen Police said the young man had been arrested Friday morning local time.

He is due to appear before a court on Saturday charged with assisting the suspect of the shootings in Copenhagen on February 14-15. His name has not been released.

The suspected gunman in the attacks has been named as Omar Abdel Hamid El-Hussein, according to a senior member of the Danish government.

The gunman opened fire at a free speech forum in Copenhagen on February 14 before shooting several people outside a synagogue and then firing at police. Police killed him in a shootout outside an apartment complex early on February 15.

Two men, ages 19 and 22, were charged with two counts of accessory to murder and five counts of accessory to attempted murder within hours of the gunman’s death. The men’s attorney said they had pleaded not guilty.

The two victims in the shootings have been named as film director Finn Noergaard, 55, and 37-year-old Dan Uzan.

News Headlines
Local Spotlight
Home Front Page Footer Listing
You May Like

You May Like