ad-fullscreen
section-ads_high_impact_1

Norovirus outbreak investigated

RENO — County health officials say they have not determined the source of a norovirus outbreak that sickened dozens of members of a wedding party and others at a Reno casino last week.

About 40 members of the wedding party from California reported gastrointestinal distress and symptoms of norovirus at the Peppermill Resort, Spa and Casino beginning on June 28, Washoe County Health Department spokeswoman Judy Davis said.

Davis said it would be difficult to determine whether the highly contagious virus was spread by a member of the Peppermill’s staff, one of the members of the wedding party or another visitor to the casino.

Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and stomach cramping. Symptoms typically last one or two days.

 

section-ads_high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
ad-315×600
News Headlines
pos-2 — ads_infeed_1
post-4 — ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
high_impact_5
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like