A thrift store was evacuated and seven people were hospitalized Wednesday afternoon after employees found a pesticide in donated pants , the North Las Vegas Fire Department said.
Capt. Cedric Williams, a fire department spokesman, said that at 3:12 p.m., employees at the Deseret Industries Thrift Store, 3750 W. Craig Road, came across an unknown substance and took it outside.
A hazardous materials team later determined the substance was a common pesticide, Williams said.
Williams said 30 people were evacuated, and seven were taken to three hospitals after complaining of burning eyes, nose and mouth and upper respiratory problems. He said they all were expected to recover.
Williams said investigators concluded that whoever left the tainted clothing at the thrift store did so by accident and no further investigation was planned.