The Sunrise Health System offers a complete range of specialized and technologically advanced services to residents throughout the Las Vegas Valley. The system consists of MountainView Hospital in northwest Las Vegas, Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center in the southwest, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center and Sunrise Children’s Hospital in the central valley, and several surgery and diagnostic imaging centers.
MountainView, Southern Hills and Sunrise hospitals offer a full range of specialized services.
* Each hospital includes an accredited chest pain center that is part of the only network of accredited chest pain centers.
* Each hospital includes the Nevada Neurosciences Institute, home of the award-winning physicians specializing in the treatment of spinal disorders.
* The three hospitals use a sophisticated digital system called PACS (Picture Archiving Communication System), which allows for diagnostic scans to be viewed in a clear, high-resolution format in real time.
* To promote wellness, the hospitals offer h2u (health, happiness, you), a membership program designed to meet clients’ unique health needs with health programs, publications and interactive Web tools.
Southern Hills provides maternity services that feature private rooms, a level II neonatal intensive care unit and high-risk obstetrics services.
MountainView offers its Bariatric Program Center of Excellence, part of an elite group of programs, which means it has demonstrated successful outcomes in weight loss surgery.
Now celebrating more than 50 years in the community, Sunrise Hospital is the health care leader of Southern Nevada and offers the following specialized services:
* Comprehensive Cancer Center recognized by the American College of Surgeons.
* An innovative, comprehensive Breast Center with advanced services for the diagnosis, treatment and management of all types of breast disease.
* The Epilepsy Center at Sunrise, with a dedicated chief epileptologist, that is the only center of its kind in Nevada offering a dedicated epilepsy monitoring unit.
* A level II trauma and emergency services department.
* Specialty services in women’s health, pulmonology, critical care, complex surgery and rehabilitation.
In addition, Sunrise Hospital has made investments in the latest technology to provide high quality care and resources to treat complex conditions. Its advanced technology includes the da Vinci surgical robot for minimally invasive surgery and the Gamma Knife for incisionless brain surgery. Its pharmacy automation prevents medication errors and improves patient safety.
Sunrise Children’s Hospital, Nevada’s only children’s hospital, is a 244-bed facility dedicated to caring for infants, children, adolescents and expectant mothers. Sunrise Children’s Hospital partners with physicians and hospitals throughout the Southwest to offer the most comprehensive and experienced maternal and child health programs, as well as access to advanced subspecialties.
It offers unique and specialized services to care for the acute and emergent needs of kids and their families:
* A 24-hour dedicated pediatric emergency department that only treats children.
* The only specialized in-house pediatric and neonatal transport team to safely transport children to a waiting team of experts.
* The state’s largest, most comprehensive NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and pediatric intensive care unit to treat those patients needing a higher level of care.
* A dedicated pediatric pharmacy with specially trained pharmacists and technicians who only prepare medications for pediatric patients.
* A dedicated oncology unit that participates in national clinical trials through Children’s Oncology Group to help improve treatment and find a cure for childhood and adolescent cancers.
* The only facility in the state that performs pediatric open heart surgeries.
* A labor and delivery unit that provides the safest, most advanced care for the most routine to the most complex deliveries
Sunrise Children’s Hospital has recently expanded its services and partnered with area hospitals to bring families of the Las Vegas suburbs expert pediatric care close to home. Sunrise Children’s at MountainView Hospital provides a family-friendly emergency department, a level II NICU and a pediatric unit. Sunrise Children’s at Southern Hills Hospital provides pediatric express emergency care and a level II NICU.