An early morning house fire in the southwest Las Vegas Valley sent three people to the hospital.
The blaze broke out about 1:50 a.m. at 7242 Empress Drive, near Rainbow Boulevard and Flamingo Road, county spokeswoman Stacey Welling said.
The house was home to four adults and a teenage girl. One adult was taken to Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center for smoke inhalation, and two others were taken for precautionary reasons, she said.
Investigators blamed the fire on discarded smoking materials, she said.
The fire caused about $125,000 in damage.