Wiring suspected in house fire

Overloaded electrical wiring to holiday lights is believed to have sparked a fire Tuesday morning in a Las Vegas house, where a firefighter suffered minor injuries when he fell through a hole in the roof while battling the blaze.

The blaze caused an estimated $100,000 damage to the exterior and garage of 7105 Carrondale Way near Rainbow Boulevard and Washington Avenue, according to the Las Vegas Fire Department.

Neighbors noticed smoke coming from the house around 7:30 a.m. and alerted the residents.

The woman inside the home who was watching her 3- and 6-year-old granddaughters also noticed smoke in the kitchen and heard neighbors yelling, the Fire Department officials said.

Investigators said they think the fire started at an electrical outlet in the garage, where several improper extension cords were plugged in. The residents told investigators the circuit breaker to the outlet had shut off several times before the fire, but they kept resetting it.

ad-high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
ad-infeed_1x2_1
News Headlines
ad-infeed_1
ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Events
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like