How to obtain rights & permissions to use Las Vegas Review-Journal content
This page provides information about using Las Vegas Review-Journal (LVRJ) content, as well as answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about obtaining permission to license content and information regarding linking to reviewjournal.com
For a timely response to your request, please be sure to include all necessary information about the article and your proposed use of it, including:
- the URL if found online;
- the article’s headline, author, and date published;
- a description of how you would like to re-purpose the content, including how many copies you would like to distribute or how many recipients you plan to send it to, and to whom it is being distributed and for what purpose;
- in what format you would like to receive the article: print, electronic, display use, etc.; and
- if you plan to use the content for broadcast, please include title of program, synopsis and the rights you need to clear.
For permission to use LVRJ photos and video footage, please submit your request to email@example.com.
- Is permission required to use LVRJ content?
Yes. Permission must always be obtained when using any LVRJ content (text, pages, graphics, photos, etc.), and payment may be required. Please be aware that when articles or photographs are attributed to another source,not the LVRJ (The Associated Press, Reuters, etc.), permission must be obtained from the original source.
- Can I get permission to license a photo, a video, an interactive graphic and/or another multimedia feature?
Requests are handled on a case-by-case basis, and payment may be required. Please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I obtain permission to use a screenshot of something on a reviewjournal.com page or other LVRJ editorial content for use in a book, publication or broadcast program?
Please submit your request to email@example.com. Payment may be required.
- May I link to or use LVRJ content on my blog or another website?
Material in the LVRJ, both in print and online, is covered by various copyrights. Editorial material and photographs may not be copied or reproduced without express written permission of the newspaper. However, the newspaper welcomes hyperlinks to its online editorial copy. We request that you utilize the headline and no more than the first two (2) paragraphs of any editorial material linked to.
- How do I credit LVRJ for reproduced material once I obtain permission?
Any material reproduced with permission of the newspaper must note, “© Las Vegas Review-Journal, Inc. (year), used with permission.”
If your questions regarding rights and permissions were not answered here, please email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest and cooperation.