(BPT) – Homeowners, builders and remodelers are always looking for innovative and new ways to enhance existing spaces during home makeovers and room renovations.
To meet that demand, Johnson Hardware recently introduced the Series 200WM wall mount door hardware, an exclusively designed system for mounting sliding doors to interior walls.
Not to be confused with pocket doors, which slide into a wall, the Series 200WM has a track-and-roller system that attaches directly to the wall, resulting in quick installation and easy operation. This is an ideal solution for walls constructed of brick or concrete block, or for wood-framed walls that contain pipes or wiring that would make it difficult and costly to install traditional pocket doors.
Unlike a standard hinged door that requires up to 14 square feet of floor space to swing open, a door mounted with the Series 200WM hardware takes up little more space than the thickness of the door. And because the door slides open, a table, chair, desk or other furniture piece can be placed beside the doorway without interfering with the door’s operation.
The heavy-duty Series 200WM wall mount hardware system is rated for commercial and residential use, and can support doors weighing up to 400 pounds. It can be used with doors of any height and virtually any thickness of 1 1/8 inch or greater. The Series 200WM will accommodate single door openings to 96 inches wide and converging door openings to 192 inches wide.
The Series 200WM wall mount hardware system includes:
* One thick-walled, precision-extruded aluminum I-beam track, which is available in: 48, 60, 72, 96, 120, 144, and 192 inches for accommodating doors measuring up to 96 inches wide. The tracks are manufactured to exact tolerances to ensure a precise fit with the mounting brackets and four-wheeled hangers.
* Heavy-duty extruded aluminum mounting brackets that can be positioned anywhere along the I-beam track for secure fastening to wall studs, blocking or other solid support. Systems include enough brackets for 16 inches on center fastening to wall.
* Two four-wheeled hangers that fit precisely onto the aluminum I-beam track. Each commercially rated hanger has four one-inch-diameter ball-bearing nylon wheels that provide many years of smooth operation. The hangers are height adjustable for precision door alignment, and the removable hanger plates allow for easy door installation and removal.
* Two different door guides, allowing for maximum installation flexibility and precision.
* It’s worth noting that Johnson Hardware products are rigorously tested to American National Standard Institute (ANSI) quality standards and that all hardware systems easily exceed these standards.
For help in understanding all the ways that wall-mounted doors can be put to work saving valuable floor area and enhancing the beauty and functionality to your home, write L. E. Johnson Products, Inc., 2100 Sterling Avenue, Elkhart, IN 46516, call 800-837-5664, email email@example.com, or visit the website: www.johnsonhardware.com.