April 16, 2014 - 3:05 am
(BPT) – Graduation is right around the corner. If someone in your life is graduating from college and about to embark on their first career, you’re probably searching for the perfect gift to celebrate their educational accomplishments and to get them started on the right foot in the working world.
Today’s graduates are entering a very technology-based world where business travel and communication devices may be a big part of their career. Keep this in mind as you search for the perfect gifts for the graduates on your list who need to organize their personal life and get their career started right. Check out these suggestions:
* Tablets – Tablets are ideal for college grads about to enter a first career because they offer mobility and can handle many personal and professional computing tasks. Tablets allow workers to connect with the office from home or on the road, and users can stay up to date on their favorite TV shows, too. Andriod, iOS, or Windows, the graduate may prefer a specific brand of tablet, so check with close friends or family members of the graduate for a recommendation.
* Workout gear – Working out and staying fit is a much more enjoyable task while listening to your favorite tunes. The Plantronics BackBeat FIT wireless stereo headphones fit comfortably around the ears for all levels of exercise. They’re sweat-proof with a reflective finish, making the wearer visible at night. The graduate can use the reversible armband for keeping his smartphone in place during his workout, as well as storing the headphones when not in use.
* Digital entertainment – Music, apps, videos … there are many digital entertainment stores like Google Play, Pandora, Spotify or iTunes – to name a few – where graduates would love a subscription or gift card for downloading or streaming their favorite albums and videos. In addition, they can also use the gift cards to purchase apps for both entertainment and professional purposes.
* Professional equipment – If the graduate on your shopping list will be working in an office setting using smartphones or tablets, hook him up with Plantronics Voyager Edge, a slim and lightweight headset that has noise-cancelling technology to prevent disruptive background noise from interfering with a phone call or audio on the device. This headset announces a caller’s name for incoming calls and is voice-activated, so the graduate won’t have to look at the phone to answer the call. Strong battery power keeps the headset working for up to 16 hours of talk time while using the fully-charged case and headset – perfect for a full day of work and then some.
* Carrying case – If your graduate already has all the technology needed for his or her first job, a beautiful messenger bag, portfolio or laptop bag would make a great, stylish and practical gift. Do a little research on what equipment your grad has and will be planning on transporting to and from work. Consider looking for a bag that will allow hands-free use with a long strap to go over the shoulder and across the body. This allows your grad to pick up a cup of coffee or access keys to enter the office, car or home after work.
With these personal and professional tools, the college graduates on your list will be ready to start their careers with the equipment needed to stay digitally connected. Just add a message to your gift that you wish them well in their career, and to remember to have fun in this new life stage.