Alabama 500, Talladega SuperSpeedway, Talladega, Alabama
11 a.m. Sunday (NBCSP)
RATING DRIVERODDS PRACTICE 1PRACTICE 2QUALIFIED MAY 2016*
1. Brad Keselowski 11-2 23rd DNP 2nd 1st
Four-time winner, including May, when he led the most laps (46); won two of the three 2016 plate races.
2. Denny Hamlin 10-1 14th 11th 8th 31st
2014 winner and dominated Daytona Speedweeks; 11.7 average finish in 11 plate races since 2014.
3. Kyle Busch 12-1 17th 9th 14th 2nd
2008 winner; one of the best on restrictor-plate tracks in 2016 with a third and two seconds.
4. Joey Logano 17-2 26th 13th 16th 25th
2015 winner, also won 2015 Daytona 500; sixth- and fourth-place finishes at Daytona this season.
5. Matt Kenseth 12-1 16th 2nd 3rd 23rd
2012 winner, runner-up in 2014; led 39 laps in May before being in accident with six laps to go.
6. Jimmie Johnson 10-1 15th 1st 17th 22nd
Two-time winner, the last time in 2011; runner-up in 2015. Has already advanced to Round of 8.
7. Chase Elliott 12-1 21st 3rd 4th 5th
Fifth in May (led 27 laps). Has to make up 25 points to advance to next round; win likely needed.
8. Austin Dillon 20-1 27th 15th 9th 3rd
Only Hamlin has better restrictor-plate average finish than his 11.9 in 11 starts since 2014.
9. Kevin Harvick 12-1 9th DNP 22nd 15th
2010 winner with 15.3 average finish in 31 starts. Already advanced to next round.
10. Greg Biffle 50-1 1st DNP 5th 20th
No wins in 27 starts (19.7 average), but all the Roush cars have been fast in 2016 with plates on.
* Results from the Geico 500 on May 1 at Talladega. Sunday’s event is the fourth and final race on a restrictor-plate track this season.
Note: Four drivers will be eliminated from Sprint Cup Chase contention after this race, as the Round of 8 begins next week at Martinsville.
Odds courtesy of William Hill sports books.
Micah Roberts, a former sports book director, has been been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1994. Follow @MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.