April 27, 2013 - 12:15 am
Micah Roberts‘ sprint cup Driver Ratings
Toyota Owners 400
Richmond International Raceway, Richmond, Va.
4 p.m. today, Fox (5); race starts at 4:46 p.m.
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Phoenix*
1. Kyle Busch 9/2 3rd 15th 8th 27th
Winner of past four spring races; 5.4 average finish is best among active drivers
2. Jimmie Johnson 8/1 34th 19th 26th 2nd
Three-time winner; best 10 consecutive lap average in Practice 2; using Phoenix chassis
3. Brad Keselowski 10/1 2nd 18th 23rd 4th
Gained first career top-10 finishes here last season; practiced well using new chassis
4. Matt Kenseth 7/1 4th 20th 1st 7th
Only win came in 2002; getting shared Joe Gibbs Racing setup
5. Carl Edwards 12/1 7th 10th 28th 1st
2011 runner-up; 14.9 average finish; using winning Phoenix chassis
6. Clint Bowyer 10/1 9th 11th 5th 6th
Two-time winner, including last fall; 1-mile or shorter flat tracks have been his best
7. Brian Vickers 25/1 5th 3rd 2nd DNP
No top-fives here, but is driving Denny Hamlin’s No. 11 car that has won twice
8. Jeff Gordon 12/1 23rd 1st 3rd 9th
Two-time winner, last in 2000; finished second or third in four of past seven starts
9. Kasey Kahne 9/1 15th 16th 4th 19th
2005 winner; finished fifth last spring; using winning Bristol chassis
10. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 12/1 12th 9th 19th 5th
Three-time winner, last in 2006; using fifth-place Phoenix chassis
* Results from March 13 at Phoenix provide a great barometer on how the new Gen-6 car might run at Richmond. Traditionally, if drivers run well at Phoenix, they will run well at Richmond and New Hampshire in the same season.
Odds courtesy of LVH
Micah Roberts, a former sports book director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights on the race, go to The Linemakers on SportingNews.com or follow on Twitter: @MicahRoberts7.