Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis
10 a.m. today, ESPN (30); race starts at 10:46
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Pocono*
1. Jimmie Johnson 6/1 4th 6th 6th 4th Three-time winner, last coming in 2009; using winning Dover chassis
2. Denny Hamlin 10/1 20th 10th 1st 5th Career best of third in 2008; has four wins at Pocono
3. Kyle Busch 12/1 21st 13th 7th 30th Career best of fourth in 2007; posted best 10 consecutive lap average in practice
4. Joey Logano 30/1 35th 3rd 3rd 1st Won at Pocono last month; had great final practice
5. Greg Biffle 10/1 16th 1st 5th 24th Finished eighth or better in past four Indy starts; using new chassis
6. Kasey Kahne 12/1 1st 4th 15th 29th Top practices among all Chevrolets, the manufacturer to win past nine Indy races
7. Mark Martin 15/1 2nd 15th 19th 2nd Two-time runner-up; excellent Pocono run translated well to Saturday practices
8. Jeff Gordon 10/1 3rd 8th 9th 19th Four-time winner, runner-up last season; in desperation mode like never before
9. Brad Keselowski 15/1 5th 11th 22nd 18th Career best of ninth last year; solid practices using new car; won at Pocono last fall
10. Matt Kenseth 10/1 8th 5th 10th 7th Two-time runner-up finished fifth last season; using third-place Michigan chassis
* Results from the Pocono 400 on June 10. Pocono Raceway’s 2.5-mile layout with long straightaways and flat turns requires a similar setup at Indianapolis.
Odds courtesy of LVH.
Micah Roberts, a former sports book director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and postpractice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com or follow on Twitter: MicahRoberts7.