Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen
Watkins Glen International, Watkins Glen, N.Y.
10 a.m. PDT today, ESPN (30)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Sonoma*
1. Juan Pablo Montoya 7/1 2nd 15th 5th 22nd 2010 winner finished sixth or better past three seasons; using last year’s winning chassis
2. Marcos Ambrose 7/2 13th 1st 3rd 5th No finish worse than third in three career starts on track; had best practices
3. Kyle Busch 8/1 1st 16th 1st 11th 2008 winner with five straight top-10 finishes; using 11th-place Sonoma chassis
4. Kurt Busch 8/1 17th 2nd 27th 1st 2010 runner-up was his best career finish; using winning Sonoma chassis
5. Jeff Gordon 8/1 7th 23rd 17th 2nd Four-time winner, last coming in 2001; holds record with nine road course wins
6. Tony Stewart 7/1 18th 32nd 7th 39th Five-time winner, first in 2002 and most recent in 2009; finished seventh in 2010
7. Carl Edwards 18/1 16th 3rd 8th 3rd Best finish of third in 2009; on streak of five straight top 10s; using Sonoma chassis
8. Clint Bowyer 40/1 20th 7th 19th 4th Best finish of ninth in 2009; had good practice; using fourth-place Sonoma chassis
9. Jimmie Johnson 10/1 23rd 8th 4th 7th One of only five tracks with no Cup victories; using car that last ran at Sonoma
10. Brad Keselowski 75/1 5th 4th 12th 10th One of best in practice; looks to have same equipment as Kurt Busch; using new car
* Results from the June 26 race at Infineon Raceway, the only other road course race of the season in the Sprint Cup series.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com or follow MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.