MICAH ROBERTS’ SPRINT CUP DRIVER RATINGS
Chicagoland Speedway, Joliet, Ill.
11 a.m. PDT today, ESPN (30)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Kansas*
1. Jeff Gordon 9/1 26th 6th 23rd 4th
2006 winner; leads all drivers with 8.6 average finish in 10 starts at Chicagoland
2. Matt Kenseth 6/1 29th 3rd 1st 6th
Runner-up in 2005 and 2007; using 10th-place Michigan chassis
3. Kurt Busch 8/1 11th 19th 3rd 9th
Five top-10 finishes in 10 starts; using 10th-place New Hampshire car
4. Carl Edwards 7/1 19th 10th 5th 5th
Runner-up last season, 18.3 average finish; using brand new chassis this week
5. Jimmie Johnson 8/1 36th 8th 12th 7th
One of five tracks where he hasn’t won; averages 10th-place finish in nine starts
6. Kevin Harvick 15/1 28th 5th 30th 11th
Won first two races ever held on track; using new chassis
7. Kyle Busch 8/1 4th 44th 9th 12th
2008 winner, finished third in 2007; using new chassis
8. David Reutimann 30/1 1st 20th 29th 22nd
2010 winner; had best 10-consecutive-lap average during first practice session
9. Mark Martin 50/1 3rd 26th 25th 21st
2009 winner with 12.8 average finish in 10 starts; using eighth-place Brickyard car
10. Brad Keselowski 8/1 13th 28th 6th 1st
Success at Kansas should translate well; using new chassis
* Results from STP 400 at Kansas Speedway on June 5; Kansas runs the most similar to Chicagoland among all the 1.5-mile tracks.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports book director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more of Roberts’ insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com or follow MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.