Micah Roberts’ Sprint cup Driver Ratings, Nov. 18
Ford EcoBoost 400, Homestead-Miami Speedway, Homestead, Fla.
November 18, 2012 - 2:01 am
Ford EcoBoost 400
Homestead-Miami Speedway, Homestead, Fla.
Noon today, (ESPN); race starts at 12:16 p.m.
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualified Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Matt Kenseth 8/1 6th 11th 1st 3rd
2007 winner; placed fourth last season; using winning Kansas chassis
2. Kyle Busch 10/1 7th 8th 4th 1st
One of his worst statistical tracks (25.9 average finish); team is on roll
3. Clint Bowyer 10/1 8th 6th 7th 5th Career-best fifth in 2008; sixth last year; using sixth-place Kansas chassis
4. Kasey Kahne 8/1 9th 12th 9th 7th Best 10 consecutive lap average in Practice 2; chassis third at Michigan
5. Martin Truex Jr. 10/1 2nd 7th 14th 2nd Career-best runner-up in 2006; third last season; good practice speeds
6. Greg Biffle 8/1 12th 13th 2nd 6th Won here in 2004, ’05 and ’06; using backup chassis that ran at Pocono
7. Brad Keselowski 10/1 21st 3rd 15th 4th Needs to finish 15th or better to clinch championship
8. Jimmie Johnson 4/1 16th 10th 21st 17th Needs Keselowski to falter to win championship; slow in practice
9. Denny Hamlin 8/1 17th 41st 6th 19th 2009 winner; 10.9 average finish; thrives on 1.5-mile tracks
10. Jeff Gordon 15/1 24th 15th 5th 12th Six top-five finishes; fastest 10 consecutive lap average in last practice
Note: Homestead is a 1.5-mile track with progressive banking. However, the configuration is much different from the other 1.5-mile tracks on the circuit, shaped like a paper clip rather than the traditional D-Shaped ovals.
Odds courtesy of LVH.
Micah Roberts, a former sports book director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights on the race, go to The Linemakers on SportingNews.com or follow on Twitter: MicahRoberts7