Texas Motor Speedway, Fort Worth, Texas
Noon today, ESPN (30); race starts at 12:16 p.m.
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualified Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Jimmie Johnson 5/1 27th 1st 2nd 4th 2007 winner with 9.7 career average finish; using chassis that won All-Star race
2. Matt Kenseth 10/1 7th 10th 14th 3rd Two-time winner with 8.6 average finish; best 10-consecutive lap average in Practice 3
3. Greg Biffle 10/1 10th 2nd 4th 11th Two-time winner, including in April; finished fifth or better in past four starts on track
4. Brad Keselowski 8/1 3rd 8th 1st 1st Star of Saturday’s practice sessions, but 25.3 average in eights starts counts against him
5. Clint Bowyer 12/1 4th 4th 6th 2nd 13.3 average finish, runner-up in 2011; using winning Charlotte chassis
6. Denny Hamlin 5/1 11th 12th 3rd 6th Swept 2010 season; win at Atlanta and runner-up at Charlotte says he’ll be very good
7. Jeff Gordon 12/1 26th 16th 11th 13th Eight top-five finishes, won in 2009; second-best 10-consecutive lap average in Practice 2
8. Carl Edwards 15/1 12th 9th 5th 5th Three-time winner; dramatic change in practices showed he may be back
9. Martin Truex Jr. 15/1 1st 5th 10th 12th Had the best average speeds and third-best 10-consecutive lap average in Practice 2
10. Kyle Busch 8/1 14th 3rd 7th 8th 15.8 career average finish; strong Atlanta and Charlotte runs make him a contender
Note: Recent results from races at Texas’ sister 1.5-mile high-banked tracks in Atlanta (Sept. 2) and Charlotte (Oct. 13) offer great insight to who may be the best prepared today.
Odds courtesy of LVH.
Micah Roberts, a former sports book director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights on the race, go to The Linemakers on SportingNews.com or follow on Twitter: MicahRoberts7.