Taylor Doyle went 3-for-3 with two doubles, two runs scored and two RBIs Monday to lift Cimarron-Memorial to a 4-3 road win over Arbor View.
Doyle had a two-out RBI single in the first inning and scored on a Dyllon Nuernberg single as the Spartans took a 2-0 lead.
Cimarron led 4-1 before the Aggies scored twice in the fifth. Robbie Garvey had a two-out triple and scored on an error to make it 4-2, and Michael Blazek delivered an RBI single.
The victory moves the Spartans into first place in the Northwest at 10-1, with one game to play. Arbor View is second at 10-2.
• Silverado 6, Coronado 5 — At Coronado, Chase Bradford’s three-run homer in the first inning helped the Skyhawks defeat the Cougars.
Bradford’s shot highlighted a four-run first, and Silverado took a 6-0 lead before Coronado rallied.
Kevin Rath got the win, allowing three earned runs on eight hits in 5 2/3 innings. He struck out 11 and walked none.
Trevor Kirk, Pierce Belaustegui and Justin Rainville each had two hits for the Skyhawks.
• Palo Verde 9, Centennial 6 — At Centennial, Alex Bonczyk hit a three-run homer with one out in the top of the sixth to break a 6-6 tie and lead the Panthers past the Bulldogs.
Jordan Worley was 3-for-3, and Troy de los Santos and Dillon Hepworth each added a two-run homer for Palo Verde.
Centennial’s Nathan Rink went 3-for-4 and scored twice.
• Basic 5, Del Sol 2 — At Basic, Brett Wellman was 2-for-3 with two runs scored and pitched 5 1/3 innings, allowing four hits and two runs, to lead the Wolves past the Dragons.
Marcus Romero hit a two-run homer for Basic. Joe Keiser went 2-for-3 for Del Sol.
• Foothill 3, Liberty 2 — At Foothill, Jason Sirak allowed one earned run on three hits and struck out 11 to lead the Falcons over the Patriots.
Kris Soto was 3-for-4 with a run scored, and Aaron Whittaker was 2-for-2 for Foothill. Andre Navarro had two of Liberty’s three hits.
• Green Valley 10, Vo-Tech 0 — At Green Valley, Jeremy Murray went 3-for-3 with an RBI to help the Gators beat the Roadrunners in five innings.
Max Javate added two RBIs, and also pitched two perfect innings with four strikeouts.
• Bishop Gorman 29, Western 0 — At Western, Brandon Garcia was 4-for-4 with a double, two home runs, five runs scored and six RBIs as the Gaels routed the Warriors.
Jory Scarborough and Stephen Manthei each added a home run.
• Shadow Ridge 16, Mojave 5 — At Mojave, Jose Triana had three hits, a run scored and an RBI to lead the Mustangs over the Rattlers.
• Pahrump Valley 4-9, Moapa Valley 3-2 — At Pahrump, Tyrone Smith’s RBI single with two outs in the bottom of the eighth gave the Trojans the win in the first game.
Smith also picked up the win in the second game as Pahrump earned the sweep.Preps Central