* LAKE MEAD — Anglers have caught stripers in the 1- to 3-pound class while fishing cut bait between Gypsum Wash and Government Wash in the Vegas Bay arm. Trolling has been productive. Striper fishing in the Boulder Beach area has been slow, but catfish are biting on stink baits.
* LAKE MOHAVE — Fishing has improved dramatically. Fishing with prepared bait and trolling with anchovies has been productive for striped bass near the coves north of Cottonwood Cove. The stripers are in the 1- to 3-pound range, and catfish are in the 2- to 4-pound class. Largemouth bass are taking top-water and shallow-diving lures when cast toward the shoreline. A 5-pound fish was caught during a weekend tournament. Rainbow trout are taking PowerBait, flies and spinners during the morning hours at Willow Beach.
* LAS VEGAS URBAN PONDS — Despite the warm weather, some trout are still being caught on PowerBait, salmon eggs or worms. Small mayfly patterns might work in the late afternoon. Catfish and bluegill can be caught in local park ponds. For bluegill, use small hooks. Catfish tend to hug the bottom. Night crawlers, chicken livers and commercial stink baits can be productive. The next catfish plant should be in mid-May.
* LAUGHLIN — Anglers are catching trout from the bridge along casino row. Striped bass in the 12- to 14-inch range and catfish are taking baits, too.
* EAGLE VALLEY RESERVOIR — With more than 300 people participating in the annual fishing derby last weekend, the water was a busy place. No one caught the $50,000 fish. Some anglers caught fish and others were skunked. Park supervisor Pete Gill said worms and PowerBait were taking fish. Kastmasters and other hardware also have taken fish.
* ECHO CANYON RESERVOIR — Fishing action has been slow to fair. For stocked rainbows, try worms or PowerBait.
* KIRCH WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREA — Windy conditions have kept anglers at bay recently. Overall spring fishing has been good, with action for 14- to 16-inch rainbows. Some anglers have reeled in fish in the 20-inch range. Bass fishing should begin to heat up in the next few weeks.
* ELY AREA — Fishing has been a little sluggish, but anglers have caught rainbow trout at Illipah and Cave Lake.