Bishop Gorman’s Kylel Coleman couldn’t match his 41-point performance from Friday night.
But the 16 points he scored Saturday were almost as impressive if you consider how much the rest of the Gorman boys basketball team struggled.
The Gaels foundered from the field and the free-throw line, turned the ball over 21 times and were dominated on the boards but still managed to come away with a 60-53 win over Mission Prep (Calif.) in the Bishop Gorman Martin Luther King Classic.
Czar Robotham and Jordan Hill scored 11 points each for Gorman. The Gaels forced 32 turnovers to help make up for the absence of leading scorer Quintin Dailey, who fouled out without scoring a point.
Jerry Smith had 19 points and 20 rebounds for Mission Prep, which outrebounded Gorman 43-28.
• Eldorado 81, Mount Miguel (Calif.) 76 — At Gorman, Mitrell Clark scored 17 of his team-high 23 points in the first half for the Sundevils.
Curtis Malone added 10 points and nine rebounds for Eldorado, which led 50-32 at halftime.
• Calvary Chapel 44, Mountain View 40 — At Mountain View, Jon Fortich scored 13 points to help Calvary Chapel hold off the Saints.
Cortland LeBoeuf led Mountain View with 14 points.
• Lincoln County 72, The Meadows 52 — At Panaca, Dantley Walker scored 21 points to lead the Lynx.
Jon Chino scored 26 for The Meadows.
• Lake Mead 77, Pahranagat Valley 43 — At Lake Mead, Landon Littlefield had 23 points to pace the Eagles.
Demetrius Turner added 18 points for Lake Mead.
• Faith Lutheran 61, Moapa Valley 41 — At Overton, Conner Maloney scored 22 points and Diontea Wright 14 for the Crusaders.
• Trinity 75, Laughlin 29 — At Laughlin, Osato Igeleke had 18 points to lead the Thunder.
• Bishop Gorman 49, Mount Miguel (Calif.) 37 — At Gorman, Gorman was 16-for-55 from the field (29 percent), but forced 27 turnovers and held the Matadors to 25 percent shooting.
Yahindra Edwards was the only Gorman player immune to the shooting woes, making 4 of 5 field goals and scoring a team-high 16 points. She also grabbed seven rebounds
Danniele Diamant had 12 points and 10 rebounds for Gorman.
• Pahranagat Valley 53, Lake Mead 30 — At Lake Mead, Jadey Jones scored 28 points, and the Panthers used a 25-6 run in the third quarter to pull away.
Jocelyn Cox and Jenna Willis each scored 10 for Lake Mead.
• Lincoln County 59, The Meadows 33 — At Panaca, the Lynx jumped to a 41-10 halftime lead and cruised to the win.
Catherine D’Antonio led The Meadows with 12 points.
• Faith Lutheran 43, Moapa Valley 23 — At Overton, the Crusaders held Moapa Valley to one point in the first quarter en route to the win.
Meghann Smith led Faith Lutheran with 14 points.
• Mountain View 64, Calvary Chapel 36 — At Mountain View, Randall Van Kempen had 21 points and 12 rebounds to help the Saints build a 39-10 halftime lead.
Megan Smith had 10 points and 15 rebounds for Mountain View.