• BISHOP GORMAN — Girls tennis player Marietta Maffey won all six of her doubles sets in the state tournament, including the match-clinching set for the state title.
• BONANZA — Boys tennis players Aashish Daulat and Andrew Whiting won the state doubles championship.
• CENTENNIAL — Football player Chris Henderson passed for 139 yards and a touchdown and rushed 12 times for 123 yards against Legacy.
• CHAPARRAL — Tight end Chris Thiele caught a pass for 17 yards and helped spearhead the offensive line as the Cowboys scored 43 points against Eldorado in a 43-28 victory.
• CLARK — Girls tennis players Natasha James and Iesha James teamed to win the state doubles championship.
• CORONADO — Football player Derek Eamon rushed for 181 yards and two TDs to help the Cougars beat Basic 40-26 to clinch a playoff berth.
• DEL SOL — Girls tennis player Karly Hurst helped her doubles team to a key 6-4 win against Palo Verde to help secure a berth in the state tournament. Football player Jordan Molina rushed for 105 yards and two touchdowns on 10 carries against Desert Pines.
• DURANGO — Boys soccer player Francisco Bautista had a goal in a 2-2 tie with Bonanza. Girls volleyball player Jordan Nitz had 17 kills and 15 digs against Bishop Gorman.
• GREEN VALLEY — Girls volleyball player Megan Reed totaled three kills and a .600 hitting percentage in matches against Liberty and Tech. Running back Frank Satterfield rushed for 320 yards and four touchdowns to help the Gators beat Foothill 35-14 to clinch a postseason berth.
• PALO VERDE — Running back Chaz Thomas rushed for 118 yards and three touchdowns in a 21-8 win over Cheyenne. Girls volleyball player Katrina Marcy totaled 20 kills, five aces and 19 digs in two victories.
• RANCHO — Boys cross country runner Levi Lee placed 11th in the Northeast Division Championship. Girls cross country runner Lorette Yared was seventh at the Northeast Division Championships.
• SHADOW RIDGE — Football player Preston Davis caught 10 passes for 222 yards and three touchdowns in a 40-6 win over Arbor View.
• SIERRA VISTA — Football player Darian Yahyavi returned an interception for a touchdown against Spring Valley. It was his fifth interception of the season. Girls volleyball player Jessica Mojica had 28 assists and six aces against Foothill and 17 assists against Clark.
• SILVERADO — Boys soccer player Joey Mora recorded shutouts against Green Valley, Coronado and Foothill. Girls golfer Stephanie Whatley shot a two-day 163 to place third at the Class 4A state tournament, helping the Skyhawks to the team championship.
• VALLEY — Girls volleyball player Jasmine Harris had eight kills, seven digs and four aces in a five-game victory over Eldorado.Preps Central
ATHLETES OF THE WEEK
The sophomore tennis player captured the state singles championship, knocking off defending champion Stan Breland of Canyon Springs 6-1, 6-3 in the final.
The senior golfer won the Class 4A state title, beating Coronado’s Bethany Glassford on the second playoff hole.