October 29, 2009 - 9:00 pm
• BISHOP GORMAN — Boys soccer sweeper Connor Zanoni helped the Gaels post a 3-0 win over Bonanza. Girls tennis players Michelle Shoen and Amanda Silvestri won a crucial tiebreaker game to lift the Gaels to a 10-9 win over Liberty for their fifth straight state team title.
• CHAPARRAL — Boys soccer player Eduardo Gutierrez scored the tying goal in a 2-2 draw with Eldorado.
• CHEYENNE — Girls volleyball player Jamie Schaeffer had a total of 13 kills and eight assists in two matches.
• CIMARRON-MEMORIAL — Football player Brandarius Johnson had 10 tackles, including two sacks, in a 26-0 win over Shadow Ridge. Girls golfer Kellie Busse shot a 36-hole total of 189 to place 29th at the Class 4A state tournament.
• CLARK — Girls volleyball player Danica Ozaci had two aces, six digs and six kills against Spring Valley. Football player Rodderick Perera rushed for 85 yards and a touchdown, had 10 tackles and returned an interception for a score in a 19-7 win over Pahrump Valley.
• CORONADO — Girls golfer Melanie Chambers placed sixth at the 4A state tournament. Football player R.J. Newton passed for 233 yards and three touchdowns in a 63-0 win over Chaparral.
• DEL SOL — Girls volleyball player Kristen Hanks had a total of 26 digs and two aces in two matches. Boys cross country runner Casey Walter placed 15th at the Southeast League meet.
• DESERT OASIS — Boys soccer player Luis Gonzalez had a goal against Spring Valley. Girls volleyball player Pernille Svensson had four kills and seven digs against Spring Valley.
• ELDORADO — Boys cross country runner Fernando Duran-Price won the Northeast League meet.
• FAITH LUTHERAN — Girls volleyball player Kelsey McCourt had a total of 50 assists and 14 digs in wins over Arbor View and Cimarron-Memorial.
• GREEN VALLEY — Boys soccer player Tim Shue had four goals and an assist to lead the Gators to two wins.
• HENDERSON INTERNATIONAL — Girls volleyball player Pamela Sakuma had a total of 14 kills, six aces and seven digs in two matches. Football player Chris Miele had three catches for 153 yards and three touchdowns and had two sacks in a win over Indian Springs.
• LAKE MEAD — Girls volleyball player Ashley Newton had a total of 48 kills, six aces, 41 digs and three blocks in wins over Calvary Chapel, Henderson International and Tonopah.
• LEGACY — Girls volleyball player Kathleen Noorda had four aces against Palo Verde.
• THE MEADOWS — Boys tennis players Jordan Lamothe and Ryan Wells placed third at the state doubles tournament. Girls volleyball player Kristyna Fong had 34 digs to lead the Mustangs to two wins over Lincoln County.
• MOUNTAIN VIEW — Girls volleyball player Charde Page had 11 kills, eight blocks, five digs and three aces against West Wendover.
• PALO VERDE — Boys tennis players Dillon Casey and Zach Bellon teamed to win the state doubles title. Girls volleyball player Lauren Kannal had 31 kills, 38 assists, 17 aces, 47 digs and nine blocks for the week.
• SILVERADO — Girls tennis players Kristen Santero and Nicole Santero won the state doubles tournament. Boys soccer player Devin Diego had three goals against Liberty.
• VALLEY — Girls volleyball player Maureen Aquino had 11 kills, eight digs and two aces against Eldorado.In-depth high school sports coverage
ATHLETES OF THE WEEK
The senior running back rushed for 282 yards, including touchdown runs of 25 and 42 yards, in a 20-12 victory over Valley.
The junior golfer shot 3-under-par 141 to win the Class 4A state individual title and lead the Gators to the team championship.