Saira Barajas broke a 1-1 tie with a penalty-kick goal midway through the second half Monday to lift Desert Pines’ girls soccer team to a 3-1 road victory over Canyon Springs for the Jaguars first win of the season.
Karla Flores added an insurance goal for the Jaguars, 1-13 overall. Vanessa Gomez scored in the first half for Desert Pines.
Galina Krol scored in the first half for the Pioneers.
• Rancho 3, Valley 1 — At Valley, Jahmela Muhammad scored three goals to help the Rams clinch first place in the Northeast Division.
Rancho finished 10-1-1 in the division. Las Vegas is second at 9-2 with one match remaining.
Paulina Torres scored for Valley.
• Las Vegas 2, Eldorado 0 — At Eldorado, Jaimie Nelson recorded a shutout, making five saves, as the Wildcats locked up second place in the Northeast.
Danica Pickett scored for Las Vegas, which also benefitted from an own goal against Eldorado.
• Durango 2, Sierra Vista 1 — At Durango, Josie Bean broke a 1-1 tie with 10 minutes left to lift the Trailblazers.
Amanda Lopez also scored for Durango. Kristin McCandless had Sierra Vista’s goal.
• Bishop Gorman 3, Western 0 — At Gorman, goalkeepers Kaylee Vitale and Cassie Downs combined to shut out the Warriors.
Emily Lubbe, Alyssa Campagna and Morgan Hill each scored for the Gaels.
• Spring Valley 5, Bonanza 1 — At Bonanza, the Grizzlies scored four unanswered goals in the second half, including two by Danielle Sullivan, to defeat the Bengals.
Brittany Hofer, Nelly Ayala and Leslie Carroll each had one goal for Spring Valley.
Callie Horn scored for Bonanza.