Here are your must-see links from around the world of mixed martial arts:
- Former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey has yet to speak after suffering a shocking loss to Holly Holm in the main event of UFC 193 in Melbourne, Australia, last week, but her friend and teammate Shayna Baszler penned a column for Combat Press about Ronda’s character. It provides great insight into Rousey the person as opposed to the public perception
- UFC president Dana White appeared on “TMZ Live” to discuss the fight. He chalked it up to a “bad night” for Rousey and said some of the hatred directed at her since the loss has been way over the top.
- MMA Junkie caught up with Henry Cejudo during open workouts for his flyweight fight against Jussier Formiga on Saturday in Monterrey, Mexico. Cejudo had previously said he would never fight in the state of Nevada because of the athletic commission’s handling of the Nick Diaz case. Cejudo backs off the stance a bit during this interview.
Contact reporter Adam Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-224-5509. Follow him on Twitter: @adamhilllvrj
RJ’s new MMA site: CoveringTheCage.com
Las Vegas Review-Journal MMA reporter Adam Hill will bring online readers the following, with fresh content daily:
* Fighter profiles.
* Rankings of all UFC classes.
* Previews and coverage of bouts.
* Videos of fighters on and off the mat.