Kurt Busch draws week’s suspension for abusing media

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – NASCAR on Monday suspended Kurt Busch one week for verbally abusing a media member.

NASCAR said Busch’s behavior after the Nationwide Series race Saturday at Dover was in violation of the probation he was placed on after an incident last month at Darlington.

The Las Vegas native had been fined $50,000 and placed on probation through July 25, and that probation now has been extended through the end of the year.

Busch’s latest penalty stems from a confrontation with Sporting News reporter Bob Pockrass. Contact on the track with Justin Allgaier led to a discussion on pit road after the race, and Busch was asked if being on probation impacted the way he raced Allgaier.

“It refrains me from not beating the (expletive) out of you right now because you ask me stupid questions. But since I’m on probation, I suppose that’s improper to say as well,” Busch replied. The exchange was captured on video.

Busch apologized in a statement Monday and said he accepts NASCAR’s decision. “I put them in a box, they had to take action and it’s my fault for putting them in this position,” he said.

It’s yet another bump in the road for Busch, who has been trying to recover from a series of meltdowns that contributed to him losing his job in December with Penske Racing.

TOP NEWS
News Headlines
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like